A few weeks ago, I was contacted by Erin at Moji and asked to try their Moji Knee compression ice wrap. So, I said yes, of course. My knees have been a problem spot for a while, and I know I don’t ice often enough.
Since receiving the ice pack, I’ve used it about a half dozen times. And would have to give it a hesitant 1.5 thumbs up.
- The cold cell has a little ziplock & goes in the freezer
- The wrap part, which is separate from the cold cell, is easily storable
- I love, love, love the compression part of the icing system – I think it’s so much more effective than my little blue gel ice pack
- It comes in different sizes, so you can be sure to get one that fits you well
- It’s pretty cute
- It’s really easy to use, and super effective. Super.
- I have had little to no knee pain since I started using it.
- It is cold. Wicked cold. Painfully cold. There is a warning about leaving it on for more than 20 minutes, so I didn’t, but still, I got frost-bite-like spots the first two times I used it. I now have to use a tea towel between the cold cell and my skin to avoid pain (I may be just a pansy – it was reviewed at Cranky Fitness, as well, and there were no complaints about frostbite in that review – in fact she specifically said that it wasn’t painfully cold, so I just might have a lower cold tolerance than others).
- It is way more expensive than any icing system I would ever use – $85! They advertise it as the “end to frozen peas” as an ice pack, but those frozen peas are sure a lot more cost effective (also you can eat them).
I love mine, and I am definitely going to keep using it – and if you have an extra $85 to drop, I would definitely recommend it – with the caveat of “be careful the first couple times – it’s cold!” Two cons for all those pros isn’t too bad, really – and it is a great system!