July 2012 Goals
- Get back into the swing of things & develop a new routine for Alvie, the architect & me that works well so that we’re all getting our needs met. – SUCCESS! – Mostly. Alvie is still not going to sleep well, but it’s waaay better than it was a month ago. We will do some serious sleep training starting on 8/21.
- Get the back bamboo area cleaned out and replanted with something nice. – FAIL! 100%. I’ve been ignoring it for the last month, hoping it would go away on its own. No such luck.
- JAM! I am out of jam. It is a sadness. – SUCCESS! 13 1/2 pints and 3 pints of marionberry jam. Yum.
- Get 100% caught up at work. – 90% SUCCESS! I feel pretty good about the work situation.
- Pay hospital bills (first I must actually figure out what I owe, since giving a total is apparently against hospital policy). – SUCCESS! All paid up. (Including the latest bill for $23 for a 6/28/12 pregnancy test I tried to insist I didn’t need…)
July 2012 Training Goals
- Run 3 continuous miles – maybe – SUCCESS? I did a trail run on Sunday. 1/4 mile warmup walk, 3 mile run, 1/4 cool down. I had to walk at 2 miles for just under 1/4 mile, but I ran an extra 1/4 mile to make up for it. So – not continuous, but it was 3. What say you, readers?
- Weekly swim- 50% SUCCESS!I swam twice in 4 Wednesdays.Oops.
- Weekly bike- 20% SUCCESS! I biked once in 5 Tuesdays. Double Oops.
- P90X – continue. Core, plyos & the weight routines are the most important- 3% SUCCESS, which is really more “fail” than anything. It’s hard working everything in and making sure that the baby person gets enough food, love, attention, diaper changes, etc.
- Figure out how to get it all in, along with working and mothering! (This will be the biggest challenge)- 10% SUCCESS. Still in progress.
Fairly successful July – regardless of my own personal feelings on the matter.
August 2012 Goals
- Survive my commencement ceremony
- Get the back bamboo area cleaned out and replanted with something nice. This is important, since I’m having a garden party in August
- Clean house before house guests arrive!
- Foist cake on someone. I don’t yet have an August cake recipient. Any local volunteers need a cake the last weekend of August (25th or 26th?) (Also – cake update post coming soon.)
- Finish craft project and have it turn out not ugly. (This is harder than you’d think – I am not crafty.)
August 2012 Training Goals
- Run 6 continuous miles
- Weekly swim (including at least half being open water swims)
- Bike to work once/week (Tuesdays!)
- Core & weights weekly!
- Start half marathon training