August 2012 Goals
- Survive my commencement ceremony – SUCCESS! I survived the speechifying! Barely.
- Get the back bamboo area cleaned out and replanted with something nice. This is important, since I’m having a garden party in August – FAIL! I did nothing with the bamboo. It is still there.
- Clean house before house guests arrive! – SUCCESS! I cleaned enough to relax about the whole thing.
- Foist cake on someone. – FAIL! I did not do an August cake. However, I made 4 cakes in July, so close enough, right?
- Finish craft project and have it turn out not ugly. (This is harder than you’d think – I am not crafty.) – SUCCESS! I made my mom an autumn wreath, because she’d mentioned in May that she didn’t have one. I am not crafty, but did this ALL BY MYSELF and I think it turned out okay. However, I bought waaaay more ingredients than I needed, and could probably make about 3 more. If I wanted to. Which I don’t. Anyone need fall flowers & leaves?
August 2012 Training Goals
- Run 6 continuous miles- FAIL! I was a sucky runner in August.
- Weekly swim (including at least half being open water swims) – 3/4 SUCCESS! I swam 3 times, with one OWS.
- Bike to work once/week (Tuesdays!) – 1/2 SUCCESS! I biked to work twice, but between the 1st & last weeks of August, I was suffering from bike-seat-bum-itis, and took a break from cycling.
- Core & weights weekly! – ha ha ha ha ha….whew! FAIL! I did get in one core workout the last week of August. No weights. No yoga.
- Start half marathon training – deferred success. I did not get into the half marathon I was planning on doing, so my current half marathon was 5 weeks later, which means that I don’t start half marathon training until the last week of September.
And now – on to September.
September 2012 Goals
- Read 12 books (to get on track for my goal of 100 new books in 2012)
- Hair cut
- September Cake!
- Bonfire + s’mores
- Make my own Happiness Project plan to start on 10/1/12.
- Check ten items off my last 1/3 of 2012 to-do list. My plan:
- Salsa! (green)
- Salsa! (red)
- Hem shower curtain
- Item binder
- Finish changing table cover
- Rain garden started
- Can dill pickles
- Can marinara
- Can beet pickles
- Send out the baby announcements already. Seriously. You’ve had them since JUNE, they are in envelopes, they just need to be stamped and addressed for the love of all things holy.
September 2012 Training Goals
- Finish triathlon
- 10,000 steps/day
- 30 + minutes of movement/day (includes my 10K steps)
- Core and/or weights 2x/week
- Start half marathon training (9/24)