And on time this month, too!
Let’s take a look at last month.
March 2014 Goals
- Write 30,000 words – 70% SUCCESS! I was a bit of a slacker in March and only managed just over 21K words. However, that’s 21K more than I had at the beginning of the month!
- Date night with the architect. – 100% SUCCESS! We went out for dinner & drinks on the 22nd. Two months in a row with a baby-sitter? CRAZY!
- Run 10 times – 70% SUCCESS! I ran 7 times and logged my highest mileage month since July 2011. In those runs, I had an 11 mile trail run, a post-baby PR in a (faux) 10K, and ran 5 continuous miles without a walk break. I am also 11.45 miles away from besting my 2013 total mileage.
- Take the Bean swimming – 0% success. Oops. No swimming for us.
- Fun weekend with my mom. – 100% SUCCESS! My mom was in town for a very short visit, but it was good. We had all sorts of fun, and I think she enjoyed seeing the Bean.
- Worry less. Still working on how to do this. – 50% SUCCESS. I’m not there yet, but I think I’m making strides. I just need to get out of my own head more.
- Get ahead of my to do list at work. – 75% SUCCESS! I was in good shape until last week. Hopefully I’ll get ahead again after this week. This week is going to kick my ass.
- Diligently work on my whiskey appreciation plan. – 100% Hmmmm… I don’t know how to gauge this one. I sipped some whiskey once. I did not appreciate it.
- Order a gluten free birthday cake for the Bean – NOPE. I am making cupcakes for school (that’s what he asked for). I have to work late on his actual birthday, but we’ll do a little family celebration the weekend after. He’s 2, he won’t know the difference yet this year, right? Plus, who needs cake?
- No desserts, sweet coffees, or other extraneous sugars for 30 days. – 87% SUCCESS. I had dessert on St. Patrick’s Day (after my 11 mile trail run), and some grief milkshake on 3/19. And then last week, week o’ stress & PMS, I bought a bar of dark chocolate that I ate over 2 days. Which barely counts. Maybe it’s closer to 90% success?
Another accomplishment: As of today, I have logged 231.72 miles of walking this year. Last year’s total (Jan-Dec) was 223.85. I win! Yay!
April 2014 Goals
- Make it to Rivendell on my “Walking to Mordor” adventure.
- Have fun 2-year-old birthday shenanigans with Alvie Bean.
- Hit the gym for strength training 2 days/week.
- Go to all marathon training long runs. All.
- 30K new words.
- Continue to eschew sugar.
- Get the budget done. Make it good. Celebrate.
- Garden prep! At least 50%
- 11 flights of stairs/day at work.
- Keep up with my #100happydays