I guess I’m one of the good ones, because I am sure as hell (hee! see what I did there?) not sleeping any sleeps, much less the nightmare-ridden and restless “sleep of the damned.”*
So – how did my five step program go yesterday? HA HA HA HA HA.
Well, it could’ve been worse. I achieved goals 1-4:
- I went for a 30 minute walk on my lunch break.
- I purchased a healthy-ish meal to eat for lunch.
- I made great strides on organizing my work to-do list and knocking off the smaller items
- I played with Bean for 30 minutes outside AND ate the delicious and healthy dinner the architect made for us
- And this is where it all fell apart. I went to bed too late for drugs and then couldn’t fall asleep. Then, I missed my 5 AM wake-up, because apparently my body refuses to function on less than 5 hours of sleep. So, I neither wrote nor worked out this morning. And then I wasn’t to work early enough to be wicked productive before my first meeting. And so on.
But, I will do better today! I will! I had many successes yesterday, and I will let that sense of success beget today’s success.
I am headed out for another walk soon, and have made plans to drop Bean off with the architect and hit the gym before dinner tonight. I need to lift the weights to get the muscles!
So to repeat for today:
- I will go for a 30 minute lunchtime walk
- I will eat a delicious lunch of oatmeal, almond butter, and banana.
- I will knock through the revisions on big project #1
- I will go to the gym for weights and then make a healthy dinner.
- After Bean’s bedtime, I will shower, make tomorrow’s lunch AND tomorrow’s coffee, and go to bed. I WILL NOT SIT DOWN and I will not start a new book. And I will take my sleeping drugs. Because drugs!
- I will get up to write at 5 AM tomorrow.
So it is written, so shall it be done.
*Alan Bradley – “The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches.”