Over the weekend, Alvie Bean and I did a lot of cooking. We made waffles, and a frittata, and homemade bread. When he was breaking the eggs (his favorite part of cooking), he said, “I am the best at breaking eggs. No one breaks eggs better than me.”
That same day, he presented some #altfacts about how clean his room was.
Last night, he tried to convince the beer guy that he (Bean) had made the bread all by himself with no assistance from me.
In addition, when he’s tired or hungry, he gets very cranky. Cranky enough to hang up on other heads of state, I imagine. Certainly cranky enough to tell everyone who thwarts his plans or offers a differing (i.e. factual) account of events that “they’re rude and no longer invited to his birthday.”
Living with a tiny presidential figure can be exhausting. The one saving grace from all this is that he’s a very nice kid (as long as he’s not hungry or tired). He has taken it on himself to monitor the cats’ water supply, checks on Mr. Fish a lot, and never hesitates with a compliment. (Also, his hands are totally normal-sized for a 4.5-year-old.)
Today, my Bean is mildly sick. Low-grade fever, headache, chest ache, and general malaise sporadically interrupted by bursts of energy and the desire to velcro himself to specifically when I’m hitting “send” on a job application.
I have an update on the first week of my renewed “take care of Amy” plans announced last week.
Health Goals: 1/30 – 2/5
- 30 minutes of movement x 5 (yoga, walking, swimming) – I ended up getting sick. AGAIN. I did short bursts of activity most days (unpacking books, rearranging the new office space), but no real exercise. The plan for today was to go for a walk/run, but I’m home with Mr. Sickie, so I might be SOL unless I can sneak in a walk when the beer guy gets home.)
- A fruit with breakfast every day (done for today!) – 75% success! I forgot over the weekend. You know, the days that I was supposed to be modeling good eating behavior for the kid.
- Eat lunch every day – 6/7 success!
- Stay hydrated! Glass of water on hand at all times. – success! I drank all the water this week.
- MOAR veggies (at least 2 servings/day) – meh. I need to do better.
- Bonus: no arguing with racists on the internet (unless they start it) – mostly success. 😀
I’m going to go ahead and redo those goals for this week.
- Move (Tuesday: swim, Wednesday: walk/run, Thursday: swim, Friday: walk/run, Sat: rest or yoga, Sun: walk/run)
- Fruit every day
- Lunch every day
- Water at all times
- MOAR veggies
(18 days until my birthday!)