- It’s officially official now. I have a job. With an offer letter. I passed the background check and I start on Monday! This is exciting for several reasons!
- They are planning on paying me in dollars!
- There is this fancy thing called “health insurance” that they have!
- I will be contributing to society in a meaningful way but have to deal with 100% fewer surgeons!
- It’s at an institution that I respect doing a job that I both know how to do and feel is important-especially in an era where science is not as highly valued as it should be.This news means I need to readjust everything I’ve been doing. I’ve been doing 5-7 hours of writing or editing or marketing (including blogging and reading books to review on said blog). I’ve also been going to bed late and getting up late for months. This means I’ll have to get back to my schedule. My first instinct is to dive in, metaphorical balls to the wall, starting Monday. Up at 5 every day, in bed by 10:30. Realistically, I’ll probably have better luck (and fewer annoying-to-others-snooze-button-issues) if I ease in and get up 15 minutes earlier every day until I’m back to my regularly scheduled morning cheeriness.
- This will, in no way, impact the release date of The Waning Moon. That is still set for late June. It’s with my editor right now, the cover design is being finalized, and I will need to do revisions, proof-read, and write the final back-of-the-book copy. I can do that with zero trouble between now and June. What it might impact is the release date of book 3, since that is a heavy rewrite. It might also impact my prolific blogging schedule as I adjust to being away from my home computer for 47+ hours/week.
The takeaway here? Yay job!